Welcome to my blog! If you've come looking for something that makes any sense, well I'd hit the back button right now! But, if you are looking for an insight into the world of Chris Knighton, well then you just may have come to the right place! Everything from my usual photography, to my often really energetic rants will be posted here so scroll down and you just might like what you find.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Back In The New York Groove, The New York Groove.


While I was in New York this time I managed to cap off a few things that I had missed last time I went, The U.S.S. Intrepid, The Museum Of Natural History, and The Empire State Building.
The U.S.S. Intrepid! this massive ship served through the end of world war two, and saw extensive service in the cold war. U.S. Senator and Presidential Hopeful, John McCain, served aboard this huge ship during his time in the military. Following 9/11 this ship served as the impromptu operations centre for the F.B.I's investigations. Now she serves as a museum to help educate the public about her services abroad on behalf of the U.S.
For the People who found the Intrepid to be too big to see all of here is a model of her, in my favorite medium, Lego!
\



Lego Man, Gunners...
Chris Man, Gunners.



 Me doing my best to look like tom cruise as "maverick".
 The "Island" where the Admirals Bridge, Captains Bridge, and Flight Control Tower are located
 The U.S.S. "Growler" One of the first Submarines capable of launching I.C.B.M.s (Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles). Built and used to deter Nuclear war between America and the U.S.S.R. during the cold war.
 Me climbing through one of the many portals inside the growler.

 Following our tour on board the Intrepid and Growler, we made our way to The American Museum Of Natural History. Featured in the movie "Night At The Museum". This display was in the Space Centre there, where basically it shows your approximate weight on a Neutron Star, in Trillions of Pounds! I'm not sure even my young knees could take two trillion pounds of pressure.....
 The Tyrannosaurus Rex, featured in the film, Night At The Museum, who has since been moved to a more suitable home within the museum, to be in the Carnosaur section of the Dinosaur Room.
 He was Injured by his competition when he was still alive suffering several fractured ribs and damaged vertebrae which actually fused together and are visible to the naked eye on this specimen!
 And I thought The "Big Apple" made of lego I bought last time I was there was big, this must be the "Titanic Apple"!
Unfortunately that night we went to The Empire State Building and found extremely low cloud cover, which did not provide as nice a viewing experience as I was hoping for, but again if that;s the worst I can complain about I'm ahead of the game. 
 The Lobby (and line-up that our passes allowed us to skip!).
 Times Square from the top, again with that low cloud cover.
 The Chrysler Building.
 The Flatiron Building.
 North East view from the top of The Empire State Building, with The Chrysler Building on the left and The United Nations World Headquarters framed in the centre. Also Cocacola F.T.W.!
 The very Top of The building with The 102 Floor Observatory visible and the entire communications tower above it.
 Directly North view of Manhattan from the top. The dark area nearing the centre lined by roads is Central Park.
 Times Square again during a mild break in cloud cover.
 Lego Empire state Building complete with...
..."King Kong" at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment