Welcome to my blog! If you've come looking for something that makes any sense, well I'd hit the back button right now! But, if you are looking for an insight into the world of Chris Knighton, well then you just may have come to the right place! Everything from my usual photography, to my often really energetic rants will be posted here so scroll down and you just might like what you find.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

So long, New York!

Alas my final day in the Big Apple had to come eventually, and like the other days that I was there, I was sure to pack it full of fun things to do! The day was filled mostly with Visiting Central Park and Times Square one last time, but we managed to hit a few touristy shops and ended up spending the rest of our American money.

 A uniquely shaped building near Columbus Square.
 Time Warner Complex at Columbus Square.
 The "Mall" in Central Park.
 Bethersda Fountain, in Cental Park.
 Lotus Flower.
 "living Statue" at the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park.
 Atop that middle window is a Peregrine Falcon's Nest. A very rare sight to see in New York.
 Sparrow, many of the birds in Central Park were very brave and came very close to me, presumably expecting me to feed them.
 The "Alice In Wonderland" Sculpture, just north of the Central Park Zoo.
 THE OBELISK!!
 A Duck.
 Manhattan Skyline over the Jacqueline Kennedy Resevoir.
 Pidgeon.
 It's really strange to walk from West 59th St. into Central Park and have the entire landscape and fauna shift, from almost no real animals to, a dense forest filled with lush grasses and plentiful animals.

 The Manhattan Skyline over "Sheep Meadow".
 The National Debt Clock. It was still counting up by the second, America is not a cheap Country to run....
 The Chrysler Building, Made of Lego.
 That same uniquely shaped building from earlier in the day, also made of Lego.
 A "Life Sized" Animatronic T-Rex, which roared and moved its head about.
 Times Sq. M&M's Store.
 Times Sq. Hershey's Factory, which is nowhere near as good as the ones in Las Vegas, or Niagara Falls...
 Mr. and Mrs. Liberty.

 Typical Scene from Times Sq.




 The Statue of Liberty that was presumably used for the film "Cloverfield"
 The Chrysler Building.
The Final Leg of my Journey home.



As sad as I am to have Left New York City, I know that I will be back again someday, and that is a really reassuring thought.
Plus I had Ottawa to look forward to!
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment